Instruction of use
Importing a glossary/translation memory with Excel file
Importing a glossary/translation memory with Excel/.tmx files.
1. Enter the language code (click here to look up language codes) at the top of the Excel file.
2. Select and copy the language code and the entire glossary.
3. Go to My Resources > Glossaries/Translation Memories > Import Excel
4. Paste the language code and glossary into the "paste area."
5. After pasting, a preview of the text appears in the preview area on the right.
6. Enter a name for the import, e.g. "Accounting", then click "Import Excel."
7. Once the import has been completed, you can see the imported glossary / translation memory in the "from import" section. Click on it to see the content of the imported glossary.
- Glossaries containing more than two languages can also be imported.
- Importing a glossary containing over 500 entries requires a longer time to process. Please wait 3 minutes and reload the page.
- When an import has failed, an explanation will be displayed. Edit the Excel file according to the instructions to correct the error. (Click here to see common import errors).
- You can also import translation memory with .tmx files.