Termsoup interface overview
uploading the source text ➜ translating ➜ downloading the target text.
This article serves as a guide to show you the different features available during these steps:
1. Uploading the source text
❷ Upload source text (you can upload by pasting, drag & drop, or attaching a file. Different methods will have different effects).
❸ Other features: PDF to Word, Glossary loading settings, Insert settings
❹ Click "Upload."
❶ Paragraph blocks:
- After the source text has been uploaded, Termsoup automatically segments the text into paragraphs, shown as blocks on the left.
- Termsoup also segments each paragraph into sentences to generate the translation memory.
❷ Switching modes: Termsoup has two modes.
- The Translation Mode is where you are automatically directed to after the source text has been uploaded.You will complete all your translations here.
- The Proofread Mode is where you can proofread your translations without the text being segmented as they are in the translation mode.
❸ The Editing Features allow you to modify your source text, allowing you to edit, merge, reorder, add, and delete sentences, as well as the option to open or close the text editor.
❹ The Translation Features boost your translation productivity with functions such as term lookup, machine translation, adding terms to your glossary, auto-suggestion, external website lookup, paragraph preview, translation memory, comment, search and replace, and edit history.
❺ Other features: term hotkey.
❻ Saving and downloading the target text.
3. Downloading the target text
You can choose to download the source text, target text or both